When it comes to the Lima coast, we are talking about one of the busiest and most popular in the entire Andean country. Although its beaches do not compare with others around it, they are usually a perfect place for students or lovers looking to have a good time. And Lima is one of the only capitals with entrance to the sea, giving it a few beaches to enjoy. Costa Verde is one of the most popular beach circuits in the Peruvian capital, so together with the travel experts from Machu Travel Peru, we want to tell you some info about this incredible route.
EVERYTHING ABOUT THE COSTA VERDE
The Peruvian capital is one of the must-see destinations on any trip to Peru. First, because it is in the capital that most international flights usually land or stop. Second, because you would find a large part of the culture and history of this mystical country. Many times the capital tends to go unnoticed due to attractions like Machu Picchu, but you will find many things to see in Lima. Furthermore, the capital is known for being the epicenter of the entire gastronomic revolution that surrounds Peru. You will find not only a delicious cuisine of seafood and traditional dishes but also unique attractions to visit and discover. Among them is the wonderful circuit of Costa Verde, a tour of different popular beaches that cross the different districts of Lima. If it is in your plans to be able to travel to Lima, then you can not miss this beautiful route for anything.
The Costa Verde of Lima is a circuit of beaches in the Peruvian capital. It is named in this way due to being located on the Pacific coast and also the route is surrounded by abundant vegetation. The route goes through districts such as Chorrillos, Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro, San Miguel, and Magdalena del Mar, among others. There are more than 20 beaches in all its extension, where you can enjoy the beautiful sunsets of the capital or go surfing. It is very easy to get to it, after a guided tour of the city or enjoy the many things to do in Barranco, you can walk and enjoy the beautiful night in the capital.
One of the main characteristics of the route is that it is under a cliff, a few meters below the city. Also along the route, you can find numerous recreational activities such as surfing, restaurants, soccer fields, parks, and even enjoy paragliding in Lima. But the real reason this tour is usually so popular is because of its beaches. Although they are not the most crystalline in Peru, they are usually a popular place for surfers.
The Costa Verde Circuit recently became part of the sports venue for the Parapan American Sports. Sports of all kinds were practiced on the circuit, such as speed skating, beach volleyball, BMX, cycling, and much more. Space was set up so that about 2,000 spectators could enjoy the activities.
WHAT TO DO?
You will find many activities to enjoy within the Costa Verde, but its number-one attraction is the different beaches. You will only find a sandy beach that is in the surroundings of the Chorrillos district, and this is usually very busy during the Summer. Although you will also find many parks and piers ideal for walks and enjoying the outdoors. You will also be able to appreciate numerous seafood restaurants and other traditional dishes. The route offers a unique view of the Peruvian capital and its sea. But the Costa Verde is not the only thing you can enjoy in Lima. There are many other things and places to appreciate or know, like the well-known Plaza de Armas of Lima, where you can tour and visit the most important historical buildings in the country. It will be practically impossible to get bored inside the capital, do not miss this incredible place.
One of the best aspects of the Costa Verde is its beaches, thus surfing is usually very popular in the city. So you will also find plenty of surfboard rental positions or surf courses where you can learn this incredible sport. Whether it is hot or cold, the beaches are always occupied by numerous surfers. Even some tourist agencies offer the possibility of kayaking in the waters. Among the Costa Verde beaches, you can find the following:
- Agua Dulce: This beach is usually the most popular in the Peruvian capital. Among the different tourist attractions in Lima, this is usually one of its best. It is located in the Chorrillos district and its access is very easy.
- Los Delfines: There are stones instead of sand, but still it has a very beautiful sea. Another of the popular beaches of the Costa Verde tour. Perfect to enjoy with the family
- La Herradura: One of the best beaches for experienced surfers, not recommended for beginners. Still, it is another popular spot on the Costa Verde.
- Los Yuyos: Its waters are very calm, so you can enjoy it without any inconvenience or fear. It is generally the destination of choice for some national water sports championships. You will find many vacationers and travelers on site, enjoying one of the best beaches on the Costa Verde.
- Waikiki: We are not talking about the famous Hawaii beach, but one of the best places for intermediate and experienced surfers.
- Barranquito: As its name shows, it is found in the bohemian district of Barranco. This beautiful beach is crowded by numerous surfers. It is a somewhat misleading beach because its waves usually hide some stones causing accidents. Still, you have no reason to fear, if you are a beginner surfer it is better to choose another place.
“PUT DOWN THE MAP AND GET WONDERFULLY LOST”
We hope together with Machu Travel Peru to have enlightened you about one of the best-known places in Lima. If you have any type of query you can ask our qualified advisers, who will guide you step by step on how to enjoy this incredible tour.