We continue to closely inspect the entire global situation, supporting and following with the guidelines and recommendations issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the World Travel and Tourism Council, local and national health authorities, and all tourism entities that are responsible for our trips.
ABOUT OUR APPROACH:
- Ensure coherence through a transparent, collaborative, and coordinated approach, backed by medical evidence, within the Travel and Tourism sector, as well as with governments and public health authorities.
- Rebuild trust with our clients and future travelers through effective communication and marketing; letting them know our implemented protocols and the guarantees available to keep these protocols safe.
Our protocols are focused on four important points:
- Operational and Staff Preparedness
- Delivering a safe experience
- Rebuilding trust and confidence
- Implementing enabling policies
Note that these recommendations and protocols are subject to change and may be enhanced as new information about the virus becomes available.
Operational and staff preparedness
We, as a travel company, are ensuring to optimize our operational quality and delivery, so we trained our staff to prepare and execute on our operational plans.
We are constantly looking for new ways to improve the quality of our service to you. That is why we prepared some cleaning and disinfection plans to face this difficult situation, and we also implemented some protocols and guidelines for staff health. Our protocols are based on minimizing physical contact. At the office, we are keeping a prudent distance and we are all using masks.
In the next months, we will introduce some new options for operations, such as advanced tickets, timed entries, and also smaller groups. For your safety and comfort in these hard times, we recommend you consider traveling in private service.
During the operation, we will provide our guides, drivers, and all our staff with all the tools and necessary information regarding infection control, physical contact, sharing of food, and utensils. Appropriate attire and enhanced hygiene measures. The use of masks and gloves will be required during all our operations.
We identified and adopted appropriate cleanliness and disinfection best practices validated by experts’ bodies, health authorities, and government institutions.
Our compromise with you is to carefully select our partners’ venues, hotels, and transport to provide you a likeminded protocol to enable a consistent approach across the sector.
Delivering a safe experience
We, as a tour operator, are focused on providing a safe experience for our staff and our guests through enhancing cleanliness and hygiene best practices.
We will carefully select disinfecting products approved by health authorities.
We will implement processes on enhanced sanitation, disinfection, and deep cleaning practices for coaches and other vehicles, as well as increase their cleaning and disinfection frequency.
We established with our partners, including shops, showrooms, tasting venues, museums, shows, factories, that they follow likeminded health sanitation, disinfection, and hygiene protocols aligned to our regulations.
Also, we will take care to approve only disinfecting products available at the entrance to guests in the form of alcohol-based hand sanitizer as appropriate.
We encourage the usage of pre-payment methods for restaurants to prioritize contactless.
We will consider having longer opening hours to reduce the number of guests served at any given time and facilitate the implementation.
Rebuilding trust and confidence
As a tour operator, work to enhance trust and confidence through transparency and communication with our guests, so we are taking care of some additional details to improve the process:
- We are committed to providing you with consistent and up-to-date information and communicate the health and hygiene protocols via the organization channels, which means digitally and physically. We will work with our suppliers to implement clear signage to inform you of the enhanced cleaning protocols, avoiding physical contact, and recommendations.
- We will share our guidelines with you before the trip and, where applicable, in person upon commencement of the trip based on advice.
- You can be sure that you are on capable hands. You can let us know if some questions or concerns arise, as we have a 24/7 support available to take care of you and your needs. Our staff is prepared to answer questions, resolve challenges, such as the detection of new cases, address situations where guests are not complying, and sharing protocols before and during the trip.
- We highly encourage our clients to purchase medical/ travel insurance before traveling; some companies offer traveler insurance covering COVID-19, which could assist with arrangements in case it may be necessary such as emergency repatriation and medical care.
Implementing enabling policies
We, as a tour operator, are working to recover, so it is necessary to implement policies at the governmental level.
We are working with the government to implement the new rulers for cross-border travel are developed and announce them in advance.
“TRAVEL DOES NOT BECOME AN ADVENTURE UNTIL YOU LEAVE YOURSELF BEHIND”
The above-suggested protocols are compiled based on our input as a leading tour operator in the country. The recommendations we provide are subject to our operational characteristics, practices, and process.
We, at Machu Travel Peru, are compromised with your safety and comfort. We want to take care of you and yours during your Peruvian adventure.
Travel safely… travel with Machu Travel Peru!