Discover what we're doing to ensure our customers are safe and happy when they travel with us.
TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
When you are ready to travel again, we will be here to give you our full support. Your safety and the safety of our employees and partners have always been our top priority, which is why we have adopted new measures of physical distance and cleanliness on all tours. Our new policy adopts new health and safety procedures from the moment of your arrival in the moment of your departure. Over time, policies will continue to evolve, and we will continue to monitor local public health recommendations. But what remains unchanged is our commitment to ensuring your safety as we explore our beautiful country.
MACHU TRAVEL PERU IS READY FOR YOU!
Greetings from Peru!
Since these challenging and extraordinary times began, together with Machu Travel Peru we have worked hard preparing for the day when we can welcome you to Peru.
We would like to detail some different measures and actions that we are taking to ensure that when you arrive, you have the safest and most peaceful trip possible.
- Along with the WTTC Safe Travels seal, we also have our suite of protocols to be ready for the "new normal" in travel. This document is subject to future change and will grow as new recommendations are made by health organizations and governments.
- Although we have been flexible with our reservations, we have increased our flexibility allowing any changes you need. This includes making it easier to change dates for reasons related to COVID-19, among other things.
- We are ready to guarantee a socially responsible and meaningful travel experience for you as well as for everyone you meet on your way.
- We're focusing on creating new, high-quality travel experiences while keeping your distance and staying safe.
Our primary goal is to provide the best possible travel experience while in good health. We are confident that we will overcome this situation and emerge stronger than ever!
We look forward to welcoming you to South America soon and traveling with you in the new normal. But until that day comes, take care of yourself and keep everyone around you safe!
Hedder Quispe Puente de la Vega, Founder, and President of Machu Travel Peru.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
We are committed to keeping up with this rapidly changing world to ensure that all our customers and team members have the safest and most enjoyable experience in South America.
In order to prepare, we have compiled a new set of protocols and security guidelines. These will be part of the active document and can be modified at any time as more information appears. Here are the basics:
- These apply to everyone involved in the trip, including our tour guides, drivers, and providers.
- General measures include basic knowledge of disease prevention, including washing hands, wearing masks, avoiding crowds, and keeping some distance when around others. This also includes measures to do if you have symptoms.
- In addition to the team members you meet during the journey, our behind-the-scenes staff will also take a series of safety measures.
- Currently, our office workers are working from home, which makes social distancing easier. For any meeting, we currently use an online meeting platform to join the trend at the bottom of pajamas.
- When our office does open, the same general measures will be taken, such as washing hands frequently, wearing masks, cleaning public areas regularly, and reducing office capacity.
- Hotels and other suppliers will be strictly supervised by the standards and must comply with official government guidelines and procedures. Some of the most obvious changes here will be during your stay and breakfast. Check-in and check-out will be completely contactless, in addition to paying for any other additional services; Breakfast at the hotel will be table service, not self-service or buffet style.
- In addition, although the hotels we work with are always clean, you may notice that they will further improve hygiene standards, so that guests and staff are as safe and healthy as possible.
- When traveling, one of the most important parts is to move around safely. With COVID-19, safety and hygiene are our number one priority.
- Any transportation supplier must take clear measures to mitigate any risks. This includes operating at 50% capacity. This will obviously grant much more space for those who travel.
- And, although our drivers are friendly, they will keep their distance and greet travelers by nodding or waving instead of shaking hands. If they are needed during transportation, they will also know where the nearest medical centers are.
- Our guide will make your trip unusual and become some of the friendly, warmest, and knowledgeable people you meet.
- Even if they may feel like family, our tour guide will make sure to keep a safe distance from them and greet them by waving instead of shaking hands.
- The guide is also very proficient in first aid and will be able to help in any possible situation, such as possible COVID-19, discomfort caused by altitude sickness, or even superficial injuries.
- The future is uncertain, although it is certain that travel will have a new normal. By following these guidelines and protocols, we can ensure that travelers stay as safe as possible while creating beautiful memories that can last a lifetime, thereby ensuring that new standards are met.
INCREASING FLEXIBILITY ON YOUR TRAVEL
From the beginning of this extraordinary situation, Machu Travel Peru has been committed to maintaining a vigilant and open attitude to provide guests with flexibility and safety.
Therefore, we have updated the booking terms related to the current situation, which will maximize flexibility.
When the World Health Organization announces the end of the pandemic or lifts restrictions affecting travel to South America, this set of terms will remain.
Our temporary terms apply to the services provided by Machu Travel Peru. The terms and conditions of our providers and partners and how to use these terms and conditions are still at the discretion of the said partners and providers (for example, trains, flights, cruises, etc.).
In order to make our guests more comfortable and at ease, Machu Travel Peru will provide the following revised terms and conditions for all services we retain in 2021:
- New bookings only require a 50% down payment deposit.
- The balance should be paid only 12 weeks before your travel date.
- Any booking scheduled to start before January 05, 2021, may be postponed by 30 days to the date of 2021, and 100% of the booking value will be carried over to future bookings.
1. External suppliers may charge a small fee and should keep it as low as possible.
2. The price does increase from December 10th to January 5th every year, so the booking value may not increase during these dates.
- Any bookings scheduled to start before December 31, 2021, will be canceled within the estimated time of 30 days, and Machu Travel Peru does not directly charge a cancellation fee. The cancellation fee due to external partners and suppliers will be kept to a minimum.
We have negotiated flexible terms with all our partners, so your travel advisor will work with you to develop an itinerary that meets the terms and conditions of your comfort and safety needs.
CONFIRMED TRAVEL RESERVATIONS DURING 2021
To accommodate the various travel restrictions imposed, we have revised the standard terms to allow guests to postpone their booked tours in 2021 to one year and retain 100% of the reservation value. If the guest chooses to cancel the reservation, our standard cancellation policy will apply.
We have communicated with all guests to keep them informed of government restrictions on travel.